This article is from Steve Backlund at Bethel Church in Redding, California. I am posting this article because of the clarity of truth proclaimed in this article. Enjoy and may the Holy Spirit renew your mind!
“LET’S JUST LAUGH AT THIS LIE: IT’S HOPELESS”
Laughable Assumptions Behind This Lie:
This situation is impossible. There are no answers.
I am destined for disappointment and unfulfilled promises.
My unworthiness and wrong choices block all solutions coming to me.
There are no such things as breakthroughs, successes or “suddenlies.”
I was born to fail for such at such a time as this.
If I don’t see God doing anything about this, it means He is not doing anything.
Nothing is hopeless because all things are possible with God.
1) God called Abram the “father of a multitude,” though he was 99 and had a barren wife. A year later, Sarah gave birth to Isaac (Genesis 17:21).
2) Joseph was hated by his brothers, thrown into a pit, sold into slavery, accused of rape, and sentenced to prison; yet he remained faithful and was promoted to the palace (Genesis 37:41).
3) Moses stood with a body of water before him, approaching enemies behind him, and complaining Israelites beside him; but the partnered with God to see the waters part and the Israelites experience freedom (Exodus 14).
4) The three Hebrew children miraculously survived the fiery furnace (Daniel 3).
5) Lazarus was resurrected after being dead for four days (John 11).
STRATEGIES FOR OVERCOMING THIS LIE:
Take inventory of your hope
Any thought in our mind that is not sparkling with confident hope indicates that it is under the influence of a lie (Romans 15:13). If you feel hopeless, ask the Holy Spirit to expose the lies that are being believed.
Capture lies and hopeless thoughts
Every thought that does not align with Christ, we have the authority to capture (2 Corinthians 10:5). What we think, we become (Proverbs 23:7). We can’t afford to think anything that we do not want to become. Replace lies with God’s truth to become free and to release freedom (John 8:32).
Believe there is hope for every situation and every person –
He who possesses the highest levels of hope will have the highest levels of influence. 1 Corinthians 10:13 reveals that God has “the way” (hope) and an answer for every situation.
Declarations to Renew Your Mind and Change Your Mind-sets:
1) Nothing is impossible with God.
2) The Holy Spirit lives inside of me, and He says nothing is hopeless
3) All things work together for my good.
4) My heart and mind are glistening with confident hope, joy and expectation.